Podcasts I listen to
When I run or in the gym I split my listening habits to music (don’t think I can share my amazon playlist….) or podcasts/ depending on my mood. In “normal” life I listen to podcasts a lot – when I’m cooking, working, driving (you get the picture).
Below is a list of podcasts I listen to. I’ve split into two categories – running/obstacle race podcasts an then everything else. I’ve then ordered them into time I have been listening – oldest first.
Running / Obstacle Racing podcasts
- World’s Toughest Podcast – the first OCR related podcast I downloaded. Based around World’s Toughest Mudder and Tough Mudder. In most recent times, the podcasts are few and far between with Will Hicks concentrating on The OCR Report. I don’t listen to this as I found it was too North American centric
- Obstacle Racing Media – Podcast around OCR and running. Entertaining and informative guests, whilst the latest edition of “Davis & Chace Discourse” is a fresh take on the news of the week
- Badboy Running – A British based running podcast which adds humour and irreverance in between (usually) interesting guests.
- OCR Disrupt – One of my favourite listens – it’s just a shame that episodes are few and far between
- OCR Audio – Another British based podcast talking about OCR and it’s not unfair to say Spartan and “elite” bias. Enjoyable to listen to with some interesting guests
- RunStrong – Running podcast by my running coach. Very informative with really interesting guests
- Obstacle Race Magazine – Very new (only on the 6th episode) brought by the guys from Obstacle Race Magazine and Mud7.
- The Running Public – New to me (2 episodes in) but seems to be interesting mostly talking about improving running for all runners – Elite to Newbie
- Obstacle Running Adventure – New to me (only 2 episodes in)
- BROCR – Only listened to 1 episode so far
- The OCR Underground – Only listened to 1 episode so far. Episodes do seem to be irregular though
All other Podcasts
- Kermode & Mayo’s film review – My first ever podcast and have listened for several years. Even if you don’t go to the cinema often (I don’t) its a great, entertaining listen
- Comedy of the Week – a different sketch every week – honestly hit or miss – but there have been some gems!
- Friday night comedy – Mostly topical panel shows like the “News Quiz”
- More or less – behind the stats – short and sweet podcast (around 20 minutes) delving deeper into finding the truth behind statistics which may have been spouted by a politician in the week’s news
- Chequered Flag Formula 1 – Usually more interesting than the F1 race themselves! Normally 4 episodes per race which includes preview and review
- This week in tech – A long podcast (around 2 hours) rounding up the tech news of the week.
- All about Android – I love and hate this podcast. For me, there is one main presenter that I really dislike. If it wasn’t for the great content, I would have removed this from my subscription list a long time ago.
- Android Central – Even though it covers 50% of the same news as AAA, the presenters seem to delve deeper into the story
- Stuff you should know – Just for interest, I don’t listen to every episode (I dont need to know everything!)
- Freakonomics Radio – Another really interesting stats podcast
- MoneyBox – Financial podcast based on topical news
- The Which money podcast – Financial podcast to help people understand their own money finances and how to improve their situation
- Off Menu – A really entertaining podcast in which guests are invited to talk about their dream meal.
- Beyond Today – A deeper delve into a daily headline of the day. In the world of “short form” its good to get a 20 minute exploration.
That’s my list – what do you listen to? Are there any in the list you like/hate? Do you have any suggested Podcasts that I should be listening to?
Get more stuff like this
Subscribe to my mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.